50 Before 50
By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands—your own.
I started my 40 before 40 list with less than a year to complete it; this time I’ve got about 9 and a half years! The last list spurred me to do things I likely wouldn't have completed. Writing it down is key. I will be pulling from this list to spice up my annual goals each year now through 2029.
Some are serious, some are silly – all are good!
Just For Fun - 40 Before 40
The discipline of writing something down is the first step towards making it happen.
Forty realistic things to do/continue doing/stop doing in less than four months (in no particular order):
1. Travel to a place I’ve never been (One down Pass-a-Grille, FL 6/2019)
2. Try SUP (stand-up paddle boarding)
3. Go see a local band
4. Buy a lottery ticket (Done! Not a winner!)
5. Try 4 new-to-me restaurants (Done!)
6. Learn how to make Finnish braided bread and do it
7. Buy an outfit that’s out of character…better yet, let a friend choose (Done!)
8. Celebrate with friends (Done x2)
9. Meet my dad for the first time in a decade (Done x2)
10. Finish my home office (Done!)
11. Go to a local coffee shop (Done!)
12. Create a big list of things to do before 50! (Working on it!)
13. Eat a vegetable I’ve never had before (Done!)
14. Try a new hairstyle or color (Got it cut shorter than I've ever had it!)
15. Watch the sunset with Tony (Done!)
16. Read 4 more books (Done!)
17. Toes in sand, beer in hand (Done!)
18. Schedule a regular massage (May done, June done, July done!)
19. Take a short trip with mom (This fall)
20. Run a 5K (wasn't up for extra cardio -teaching a lot of Jazzercise classes right now!)