By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands—your own.
I started my 40 before 40 list with less than a year to complete it; this time I’ve got about 9 and a half years! The last list spurred me to do things I likely wouldn't have completed. Writing it down is key. I will be pulling from this list to spice up my annual goals each year now through 2029.
Some are serious, some are silly – all are good!
The discipline of writing something down is the first step towards making it happen.
Forty realistic things to do/continue doing/stop doing in less than four months (in no particular order):
1. Travel to a place I’ve never been (One down Pass-a-Grille, FL 6/2019)
2. Try SUP (stand-up paddle boarding)
3. Go see a local band
4. Buy a lottery ticket (Done! Not a winner!)
5. Try 4 new-to-me restaurants (Done!)
6. Learn how to make Finnish braided bread and do it
7. Buy an outfit that’s out of character…better yet, let a friend choose (Done!)
8. Celebrate with friends (Done x2)
9. Meet my dad for the first time in a decade (Done x2)
10. Finish my home office (Done!)
11. Go to a local coffee shop (Done!)
12. Create a big list of things to do before 50! (Working on it!)
13. Eat a vegetable I’ve never had before (Done!)
14. Try a new hairstyle or color (Got it cut shorter than I've ever had it!)
15. Watch the sunset with Tony (Done!)
16. Read 4 more books (Done!)
17. Toes in sand, beer in hand (Done!)
18. Schedule a regular massage (May done, June done, July done!)
19. Take a short trip with mom (This fall)
20. Run a 5K (wasn't up for extra cardio -teaching a lot of Jazzercise classes right now!)